Water damage from a sink averaged more than $7,000 per incident. Of these incidents, 44% were attributed to faulty plumbing supply lines.
LOSS PREVENTION AND MAINTENANCE TIPS
• Inspect plumbing beneath sinks every 6 months.
• Ensure connections are secure and there is no evidence of corrosion on the pipes.
• Look for kinks in copper or plastic pipes
• These could lead to pinhole leaks over time.
• Locate the water shut-off valve.
• Inspect the valve every 6 months to make sure the water supply will shut off. Replace the valve if needed.